Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Works in progress

This internet connection is working so slow, to make me not go crazy I crochet while I'm waiting for pages to come up. Right now I can't load pictures or links.............maybe someday. The other night I was having a glass of red wine, and clumsy me knocked it over. Of course the big splash had to hit on Kevin and Stephanie's afghan that I'm making for their wedding (was that a secret?), good thing for spray and wash. When I ordered the chenille yarn I'm using for the afghan I didn't realize what a pain it is going to be for them to keep it. But so far the chenille isn't shedding, which seems to be a big problem a lot of people have. I tied knots in all the ends, but I don't know if that is what is helping or not. But it also can't be thrown in the washer.............so I guess they'll have to just spot clean it or use Dryel when needed. I did notice the blue/grey wants to bleed onto the white when I was getting the wine out of it. Still have a small spot I need to work on. But it's looking really good, besides the red blotches (just kidding), it's big enough now to keep me warm while I'm working on it, but it's a pain when I have to turn and work on the next row. I want it to be big enough for both of them to use at the same time, too bad Kevin is so dang tall!

I also started a baby sweater for Josh and Audra's girl that is due in June. First time making a sweater, so we'll see how it turns out. It's the "Baby it's cold outside" sweater from Skamamma (as soon as I get my links working I'll add that one). Since the baby is due in June and the Tri-Cities are hotter then Hades in the summer, I'm making it out of Caron's Simply Soft in lavender for a lighter version, plus it will probably be too big to wear until Sept. anyway. I'm really hoping it won't turn out all crooked..........

No comments: