Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Dad

My dad passed away 3 years ago today. So since he was the one who taught me how to crochet I thought today would be a good day to say something about him. I started crocheting when I was in high school, dad would read the pattern then show me how to do it. So I never learned how to read a pattern. After high school I quit crocheting and didn't pick up a hook again until 3 years ago when I got most of his yarn, hooks and books. I haven't been able to put down my crochet hooks since, and I've had to learn to read a pattern, it really wasn't that hard.......This is one of my favorite afghans that my dad made way back when, I'm embarrassed by the spots and snags, and tears in it, guess I need to give it a little maintenance. I think he even got a blue ribbon at the fair for this one.



I'd sure like to give him a call and talk about what I'm working on now............

3 comments:

Snicky Peppermint said...

That is a gorgeous Blanket your father made :( I bet you miss him I would miss mine... it is his birthday today well was yesterday accually now that i look at the time your father seemed to be amazing :) i just also stopped by to say i live in alaska too anchorage to be more exact :)
let me know if you wanna chat about being crafty!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blanket. A good memorie, I guess. :) And it's so sad to read about your father. But I bet he would be real proud of you! It is great that you have learned how to read patterns, now you can leart crocheting to you own kids and so on. :) And I can relate to not beeing able to put the hook down. ;)



(Oh, it's so frustrating to have to write in english, I'm really from Norway. So I use ages just to make one comment.. And the spelling is probably wrong, sorry about that.)

Margie said...

Thanks for the comments, yes, I have very good memories and I'm so glad I have many of his crocheted items still around! Aphelia, your English is fine!