Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Oh the laziness of it all!

I can't figure out what the block is, but I have the yarn to make a red and white afghan for me. I've almost got the design figured out and have started on a few of the squares, but for some reason I keep finding other projects to work on. I will even go exercise before picking up my red and white yarn. I love the yarn it is so soft and feels so good in my fingers, easy to work with too, but there is this wall or drudgery when it comes time for me to actually work on the squares. Last week-end I made 4 pairs of fingerless gloves, 2 wash clothes (knitted even) and now I've started a pair of slippers. I'm looking through my books for other ideas of things to make, just so I don't have to work on THE afghan. I have got to get over this. The only thing I can think of is that I have yet to figure out the oblong 3x6 block that will be needed. So I am going to just make 1 square a day until it is done. (sounds like a good plan anyway)

The knitted wash cloth. Lots of mistakes, but I learned A LOT making this. The first time through I didn't have the pattern figured out and it was all a mess, until the last 12 rows something clicked, and it looked so good. So I took it all out and started again. I crocheted an edge all the way around, I just like the finished look that gives. I'm looking forward to the day I take on a knitted sweater!

No comments: