Tuesday, March 3, 2009

To Market, to market

I just finished this market bag for a personal swap I'm doing. Last week I received from my chocolate swap, and the bar lotion I got I just love. And being the greedy gus that I am, I want more! Actually, I'd like to use some for presents, so Shadeweaver from Craftster agreed to do a personal swap for some more. This is the bag I came up with:
I got the stitch from my dads old (1979, has it really been that long ago?) Reader Digest book, Complete Guide to Needlework. I love that book! It has a lot of stitches, but not a lot of patterns, so you have to figure that part out for yourself. This is the "Bushy Stitch", very easy. I just used cotton yarn.

Chain in multiples of 3, plus 1
Row 1: sk 3 ch (1 dc, ch2, 1sc) in next chain, *sk 2 ch (2dc, ch2, 1sc) in next stitch* , repeat after * to end, ch 2, turn.
Row 2: *(2 dc, ch2, 1sc ) in each 2-chain space*, repeat to end, ch 2 turn.
Repeat from Row 2

2 comments:

Anji Gallanos said...

Hi Margie...yep your right I want to search for glass...the glass in Hoonah is a lot smoother than the glass found like in Sitka or Nome..I'll have to let you know if I plan on coming.

PS if you have pottery shards..email me...I would love to trade you for some finished pieces..

bye for now
anji

Scribbit said...

Love this! I just finished a market bag of my own with a simple chain stitch. It wove seashells into the pattern so it makes this lovely tinkling sound.