Sunday, March 10, 2013

1st Attempt Hairpin Lace




 Hairpin Lace is something I've been wanting to try for quit a while, but just never really got around to it.  Now with all the lacy type tops out there, I figured now was a good time to give it a go.  I had a thinner type yarn in my stash I thought would work pretty good. I couldn't find any patterns I really liked, just directions on how to make the panels and then connect them once they were done.  You-tube is a great source for ideas and directions.



I'm ok with how this first top turned out, and it's given me some great ideas for the next one. Yes, it was that easy, there will be a next one!  The one thing to watch are the seems on the sides, they are a little large for my liking. I think I will be doing the next top in a light lavender yarn I have, and I will run the panels up and down.

No comments: