Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Has Sprung, Tulip Throw

I made this throw for my sisters birthday. I used Bernat Softee Chunkee yarn, which I just love. But towards the end I ran out of yellow, and could not find any for weeks. I finally emailed Bernat and was told it was discontinued. I almost gave up on this, then I found 2 skeins in Canada through the internet. So I ordered both of them along with some red, and quickly went to the store and got the other colors so I could make another throw. This works up so fast and easy I can't wait to make another one. I'd like to do one in light and dark purples too, so I'll be on the look-out for another brand of chunky yarn.

It's cool how they really look like rows of tulips.

The pattern is from Moda Dea, which is another discontinued yarn (why do they do that!) But here is the link to the pattern: http://www.coatsandclark.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=58&page_id=12323072&query=tulip+throw&hiword=THROWN+THROWS+TULIPS+throw+tulip+

No comments: