Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Newest Grandbaby

 The newest grandbaby (boy) is due any day now, but his shower is tomorrow. I finished up his blanket just the other day. I don't know why, but I always think it's going to be too small and end up with a crib size, which is fine, it just takes longer to finish.......This is just double crochet, with the white as single crochet, then drop down into the previous white row with a double crochet.  Seems complicated, but it's really pretty simple.

 My daughter also wanted those little mittens for babies so they don't scratch their faces.  I had some organic cotton yarn on hand, so I used that. It's a little hard to figure out how big to make them when you don't have a baby handy to measure by.  With the leftover yarn I whipped up a little hat for the boy too.
She said something about some pictures she has of other items she would like me to make him too. I guess I'll just have to add them to my list of projects!

No comments: