Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Granny Oblong?

I haven't just been taking morning naps, followed by afternoon naps! I'm determined to get my red and white afghan done before we go on vacation next week. I'm in the process of joining my squares now. I wanted to do a "crazy quilt" type afghan using only red and white for colors. I can picture the outcome in my head, we'll see if it actually looks like I plan when I'm done. I had a hard time figuring out how to do an oblong granny, I had found a small granny square I liked from my handy dandy Readers Digest book on needle craft:
The largest squares I adapted from a pattern on Lions Brand website, they look kind of like poinsettias to me. I hope that will not make this afghan look too Christmasy:
I couldn't find any patterns to adapt for the oblong sections, so I just made my own:
The oblong granny.............Finished "Crazy Quilt" will be posted next. And as I hook it together, it is getting more and more crazy!

No comments: