Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Blankie for Hannah


My niece just had a baby! Since she did not do an ultra sound we did not know if she was having a girl or a boy..........I was prepared for either, but I just had a feeling she was going to have a girl.  I was just finishing knitting this blanket when Hannah decided it was time.  This is the before blocking picture.........and the after.  This time I blocked using the wet method instead of steam, I'm thinking even though it takes longer, the results are much better then steaming with an iron.
 My daughter says I always make too big of baby blankets, but I want them to fit the crib, hello!  So this time I took her advice and went smaller, seems way too small, but will fit nicely in a car seat.  You can't see the pink too well in the pictures for some reason, must be this photographer.......

I'm happy with the results, a first for me....knitting a blanket.  I'll include a couple of pairs of booties I had made a while ago, something I like to make when I'm between projects. The white ones are crocheted and the green ones knitted.  Now if I can just get them in the mail before little Miss Hannah outgrows them!


No comments: