Sunday, April 8, 2012

First Felted Purse

I'd been wanting to try felting for a while now, but I've been leery about spending money on wool and then ruining the project.  But I finally indulged myself and knitted a purse using Lions Brand Fisherman's wool, it's made for felting so thought it would be a good place to start.  I learned A LOT from this first project, so that in it self was worth it.  I would use this yarn again, but I wish they had more colors to choose from.  I would take pictures prior to felting too......


This wasn't the shape of the finished project, my sides were too floppy, so I took them in and hand sewed the sides, you can see this on the inside of the purse.  I then used the extra fabric brought inside for pockets. I talked my husband into making me the button from a deer antler, nice.



I would also make the straps shorter, I was thinking that the felting would help with the stretch, but it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference, so eventually these straps will be too long.  I won't make the purse as big next time either, A friend said if I had used bigger knitting needles it would have shrunk up more, that will be something to play around with next time.  I think for a first time it came out pretty good, I'm already thinking about my next bag, I think summer colors...............

No comments: